Monday, May 12, 2008

Digital Storytelling

I did my first digital storytime today for the class. If you weren't one of the several people attending, you missed the chance to hear me adapt an Edward Gorey book to a kids-appropriate storytime. Tragically, I didn't think that the world was ready for The Gashleycrumb Tinies as a storytime (someday), so I did The Bug Book. I've always thought it was the oddest wonderful little story.

Some internet genius apparently also liked it, since they made a claymation adaptation!



I am totally going to make a flannel board of the story. Pics to follow.

2 comments:

mark t said...

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs,
B is for Basil assaulted by bears
I love it. And hate you a bit for thinking of it. I was just now thinking about how great it would be to do a Gorey.

mark t said...

nautilus is mark t locker, by the way.